GlycoPeptide synthesis lab
- SYRO Wave, SYRI-I, SYRO-II MultiSyntech / Biotage automated peptide synthesizers
- Integrated SPPS and microarray Technologies.
- Tip-synthesis of 288 peptides per run with Syro-I and II. Difficult synthesis with.
- Analytical and preparative HPLC purification stations.
- Enzymology for glyco-peptide synthesis: We have an in-house production of recombinant glycosyltransferases (E. coli and pichia pastoris) for enzymatic incorporation of O-glycosylation of peptides and complex glycans.
- Microarray lab: A robotic array-spotting device (MicroGrid II, Genomic Solutions) is available to print microarrays. This instrument will print microarrays with a spotting density of >1000 spots per cm2. We can print arrays from our glycan library, glycopeptide, glycoprotein, glycolipid and antibody collections or other materials. The print table holds up to 120 slides, which can be printed in one print run. All slide surfaces and buffers can be used. Most print conditions, such as temperature and humidity can be met.
- Our biomarker discovery lab is equipped with a ProScanArray HT confocal laser scanner with a 20-slide autoloader (Perkin Elmer, Waltham, MA). Configured with red (632 nm), green (543 nm), and HeNe lasers and a blue (488 nm) Argon laser and the professional ProScanArray Express software, this system is very sophisticated and meets all of our needs. There are 10 emission filters (20nm band pass) at 508nm, 522nm, 530nm, 570nm, 578nm, 592nm, 614nm, 660nm, 670nm, and 694nm. This instrument will scan 25mm x 75mm microscope slides with 5, 10, 20, 30, and 50 micron pixel resolution.
- Data Analysis: The Tif image created by the scanner is processed by imaging software, such as Imagene and ProScanArray Express. These applications are capable of spot-finding, background intensity determination, and signal intensity generation. The output is a tab-delimited text file, which has each spot’s intensity. The process of analyzing the text file output is the most non-standardized aspect of data analysis. The group collaborates with bioinformatics expertise from various project partners to process and evaluate data.
Phage Display antibody and Biochemistry labs
We have a fully equipped GMO- and Biochemistry labs dedicated for devemopment of scFv antibodies via phage-display technologies